Yearly Mammogram

Yesterday my mom and I went into the Faulkner Hospital in Boston for our yearly mammograms. Now I'm not over 40 yet, but because my father's mother died from breast cancer I've been going for a few years now. I'm not very good at the self breast check because I have very lumpy breasts so it does make me feel better to go for the mammogram.

Of course it always makes me crazy that my mother insists we go into Boston for this. She just keeps telling me that the Faulkner is the best so we go. She drives so I really can't complain. I do feel terrible that she always tells me how painful the test is for her. I don't suffer from the same experience. It is uncomfortable for me, but not painful. I am slightly larger than my mother though I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I just go in the room and they push my breasts between the machine to get the picture and then it's over. No big deal. My poor mom has anxiety all the way there.

Afterward we went out to lunch. The most entertaining part of the trip was when my parents argued over where we were going to eat. We even drove around for awhile. I felt like a little kid in the back seat. Thinking about it all I can do is laugh. We ended up going to LTK (Legal Test Kitchen). It was very yummy.

When I arrived home the my girls were aggravated because I was off having fun with my parents all day. Yeah right. It's so much fun to have a mammogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive