Percy Jackson is Great Fun


Just got back from seeing Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It was really great fun for everyone. Both the girls loved it and so did my husband not to mention myself. I've always had a soft spot for anything having to do with Greek mythology. I love the stuff. Can't get enough. This movie was loaded with it.

This movie is very fast paced and exciting. Percy learns he is the son of Poseidon and is accused of stealing Zeus's Lightning Bolt. Unless he can return it by a certain time the gods are going to war. He ends up at a camp for demigods. There he meets the daughter of Athena. He goes on a journey to find the lightning bolt with her and his friend who is a satyr (half boy, half goat). On their journey they run into all kinds of mythological creatures such as Medusa and a hydra. During their adventure Percy learns to accept who he is and really becomes a hero to the gods. The only down side of the movie was that I wanted more. Thank goodness there is a whole series of books.

I would really recommend this movie. My girls are 9 and 13 and they loved it. Some of the creatures were a little scary, but they were not bothered by them. I would think some small children would be a little afraid. I mean Medusa has snakes for hair. It's creepy. I thought my 9 year old would be a little frightened, but she thought the whole thing was cool. She couldn't stop talking about it in the car and that's always a good sign. I'm going to get her The Lightning Thief book. I think she'll like it and then we'll head on to the rest. I hope the movie does well so they'll make more. This is a fun movie for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive