Angus, Thongs & Perfect Snogging


When Angus Thongs & Perfect Snogging first came on TV a couple of weeks ago I really wasn't sure about it. The title really put me off. My daughter kept pestering me though and I figured if I watched it with her it would be okay. Well I found it to be a really adorable movie. It's based on a series of books by Louise Rennison. The first book in the series is Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson .

The movie is a typical coming of age story. I really love these types of movies. There's something about first love that warms my heart. Georgia is a 14 year old girl with a crush on the perfect boy. She goes through the trials of making herself look better and trying to get his attention going to great lengths to do it. She ends up messing everything up, but it turns out the boy likes her just the way she is. There is also some family drama with her being afraid her parents will get a divorce. There are both silly and touching moments in this movie that made me smile. It really hits home that you should always be yourself and I think that is so important for tweens and teens.

Now I don't think this movie is appropriate for the younger tween set. Most of them are just not ready for the amount of kissing that goes on in this movie. Georgia's mom in one scene is even sporting a thong. No one needs to see that. One of the boys is even giving kissing lessons. I felt quite comfortable with my 13 year old watching this, but I really question it for my 9 year old at this time. She's just not ready. I would definitely recommend this movie though and I think you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive