Harry Potter Exhibit at Museum of Science


We haven't taken the girls to the museum of Science in quite awhile. In fact I don't think we've ever taken the 9 year old. I'm just not really a big fan of going into Boston. I mean I love what Boston has to offer, but the driving is such a drag. My husband took the day off and we purchased in advance tickets to see the special Harry Potter Exhibition that is here till the end of February. Thank goodness we did because the place was packed. There were people everywhere and I heard a woman say it was sold out for the day. Granted it's Massachusetts school vacation week so we expected it to be pretty busy. It was just crazy. There were kids running a muck everywhere.

There is so much to see at the museum as it is. We got there a few hours early and got to check out the rest of the exhibits. We did as much as we could, but as I said there were kids running around everywhere and in many cases there were no parents near them. That drives me crazy. It's a busy place watch your kids. Anyway my 9 year old was into everything, but I taught her to wait patiently for her turn. This caused a problem because other children just jumped in front of her to do things. She was getting frustrated by the end of the day. I don't blame her. It was making me crazy. Teach your children manners please. After a few hours she just wanted to see the Harry Potter stuff and I don't blame her. It was awesome.

If this exhibition comes to a city near you. If you are a fan of Harry Potter go see it. They started us out by having the sorting hat sort a few kids. It was really great then you walk into a room where they showed some images from the movie. Then you hear a train and they open the door to show the Hogwart Express. I was awestruck. The girls were too. Next we were treated to so many things from the movie. I love see this kind of stuff. The costumes are gorgeous. One of my favorites along with the girls was Hermione's dress from the ball. It was so beautiful. They even had Harry and Ron's bed. We also paid a few extra dollars to get the audio tour which gave us more info about the items we were seeing. It was great. The girls loved being able to hear more.

It was a great day and we were totally exhausted when we were done. We headed out to sit in traffic for way too long. By the time we got home I had a splitting head ache and had to lie down. I fell asleep for 2 hours. I feel much better now. It was just a busy day. The girls had a blast and that's really what it was all about. Harry Potter is awesome. Can't wait for the next movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive