School Book Fair


Once a year my daughter's school has a book fair for a fund raiser. The girls always get so excited. They love to buy books. I myself love to buy them as well. I sent money with my oldest to pick up a book. She wasn't as excited as usual because she has a stack of books in her room. They were putting out the summer reading list so I told her to buy at least one of the books she wanted to read.

Now with the 9 year old she wanted to know how many she could get. She just loves to read. I was allowed to come to the school at her designated time if I wanted so I told her I would buy her one book and if she wanted any others she would have to spend her own money. She was fine with this.

I got to the book fair area a few minutes before her class so I scoped out the books. She came running over to me as soon as she saw me ready to shop. We went to the summer book list first and she picked out Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great by Judy Blume. It looked like a fun book and she was happy with her choice. Now she moved onto the books just for fun. She scooped up The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Now we just saw this movie and she loved it so she wants to read what happens next, but before she can do that she needs to read the book because I guess some of the story is different. I always find the books better myself. The final book she picked up was Fairy Godsister by Philippa Fisher. This book has the kind of story she loves. My daughter is a fairy freak. She loves anything to do with fairies. She has fairies all over her room. In the end she ended up with 3 books she could wait to sink her teeth into. I love that she loves books as much as I do.

Now my oldest came home with only one book, but this book holds a very special place in my heart. It's The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I love this book. I remember reading it and falling in love with the characters. Not to mention the The Outsiders. I honestly don't remember how many times I've seen it. My friends and I used to watch it over and over again. Great memories. Now my daughter hasn't seen the movie and I'm not going to let her see it until she reads it. How awesome is it that this is one of the books she has to read over the summer? Of course she picked it because it was the shortest of her choices. As I've said before she isn't big into reading, but I bet she will enjoy this one.

All in all it was fun to see my youngest's excitement with books and many of her friends as well. They had so much fun picking out the books they wanted to buy. This is such a great fundraiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive