I never thought this day would come.

So today was a monumental day for me. Want to know why? I shopped with coupons at Walmat and had a good experience. I have tried in the past to shop there and it had been a huge issue. Between waiting for ever in line to check out because there are so few cashiers, to them not taking a coupon because it would make an item free, and then infering that I am stealing from the store because of coupons. But that hopefully has all changed. Walmart has finally updated their coupon policy. You can check it out Here. This is a HUGE step in the right direction for them as far as couponers are concerned! For me the best thing is it very clearly states "Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase." WOW! This is great!
So I went in today, armed with a print out copy of the policy, to try it out. I had 2 different sets of manufactures coupons that would give me a large amount of overage and I wanted to see how it would work out. And I am happy to say that it went very well. There was not even any questioning by the cashier and she even complimented me on my savings! Now I am smart enough to know that this may not happen every time but I am thankful that it went well this time and will try again in the future. And that is a lot since it has been nearly 2 years since I have purchased any groceries at Walmart.
And here is how I did. I paid $2.75 for all of this. The total before coupons would have been $ 48.85. So that is a great savings of 95%.
Here is a photo and run down of what I got...

5- Gain dryer sheets $1.87each I used manufactures coupons for $3.00 off 1 making them FREE with a total OVERAGE of $5.65!

5- Purex 3in1 Sheets .97 each I used manufactures coupons for $3.00 off 1 making them FREE with a total OVERAGE of $10.15!

2- Cupcake paper liners $1.12 each no coupons used.

1- Bobs country sauce $2.14 I used a manufactures for a free sauce making it FREE!

2- Beef Filets $3.98 each I used manufactures for $1.00 each making the $2.98

2- Cocoa Powders $2.44 each no coupons used.

1- Argo Baking powder $1.28 No coupons used

2.5lbs Red Grapes .98lb No coupons used making them $2.45

4- Mission Tortilla Chips $3.19 I used manufactures coupons for $2.99 off 1 making them .20 each

1- McCormik Seasoning mix .98 No coupons used.

I could have paid even less out of pocket but when I was headed to the check out I saw the good price on the grapes and decided to get some! But I would say that 2.75 for all this is great! It was nice to get the overage to use towards things that I needed and did not have coupons for.

So does this mean that I will stop shopping at Publix and switch to Walmart. No way! I have far to many personal issues with Walmart to do all my shopping there. And let me tell you there is no better customer service than Publix. So I will not be switching permanently any time soon. But When I have coupons for things that will make for free or overage items that I can not get at Publix then I will use my coupon money there at Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive