Fantastic saving!

Wow, I never get used to the great deals that I am able to work up. It always amazes me and fills with me with such thankfulness.
Before I get to the shopping savings I have to tell you that I was blessed yet again with a sweepstakes winning. Last week I got in the mail a winning Publix gift card for $100.00 dollars! I had entered this sweepstakes last fall and was picked as a first prize winner! How cool! So again I am going to keep track of how far I can stretch this free gift card. And let me say, so far it is looking very good!

And here is what I got this week at Publix. The total for everything before sales and coupons would have been $262.44. And the total that I paid, $11.12. A whopping 96% savings. And I could not be happier as I was able to get a lot of meat for that price. It is always a little harder to get that good of savings on meat but this week everything lined up perfectly.


1- gallon Milk $3.55 I used a Publix store coupon for $1.00 off making it @2.55

8- Kraft Shredded Cheese $2.00 used Target store coupons for $1.50 off 2 and manufactures coupons for $1.00 off 1 making them .25 each

4 Kraft BBQ sauce $1.65 BOGO used manufactures coupons for .75 of each making them .06 each

2- Beachnut baby foods $2.00 BOGO used manufactures coupons for $1.00 of each making the FREE!


2- Oreo Cakesters $2.50 used a target store coupon for $1.00 off each making them $1.50 each

2- Publix hot dog buns $1.19 no coupons used on these

4- Oscar Mayer hot dogs. $3.49 BOGO used Target store coupon for buy 3 get 1 free Making them FREE! (for further explanation on how this worked see below.)

4- Oscar Mayer Turkey hot dogs. $2.79 used manufactures coupons for buy a beef frank get a free Turkey frank making them all FREE! because this was a manufactures coupon and the other was a Target store coupon I was able to combine them with the sale and get them all free!

1lb Strawberries $1.67 used a manufactures coupon for $1.00 off making them .67

1- bag Broccoli florets $1.67 used a manufactures coupon for $1.00 making it .67

2 lbs Grapes $1.69per lb. used a store coupon for $1.00 off making them $2.36

6- Yoplait Fiber One Yogurt 4 packs. $2.50 BOGO used Target store coupons for %1.50 off 3 and manufactures coupons for .50 off each making them .25 each

4- Sundown Vitamins 2.99 each used Publix store coupons for $6.00 off 2 and manufactures coupons for $1.00 off each making them FREE with a total overage of $4.04!

22- Betty Crocker Fruit snacks $2.75 BOGO I used several manufactures coupons for BOGO and $4.00 off 4 and an Albertsons store coupon for $4.00 off 4 making tham all FREE with a total OVERAGE of $9.00!

9.2 lbs Ground Sirloin $3.99 per lb I used Winn Dixie store coupons for $2.00 of 1 making it 3.40 per lb or $31.32 for all of it.

12.9 lbs Pork Loin $1.99 per lb I used A Winn Dixie store coupon for $1.00 off and an Albertsons store coupon for buy 1 get 2 free making it .69 per lb or $8.96 for all of it

I also was able to use 5 Winn Dixie store coupons for $5.00 off a $30.00 purchase. This was taken off before any other coupons. So because my total before coupons was $160/something I was able to use all them! That is $25.00 right off the top! Add that to the overage items and I had a total of $38.04! Love it!!
Plus I was able to pay for it with my winning gift card so I technically had nothing out of pocket!


I never did post up last weeks saving. I won't list it all out but here are the final numbers. The total before saving and coupons for last weeks trip was $111.61. And after $7.98! A total saving of 93%! This was the first time that I used my wining gift card so again nothing out of pocket!
So far with my gift card I have used $19.10 and I have gotten $374.05 worth of groceries!! Couponing is so worth the little extra time that it takes to do! I think that is a good return on my investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive