Popular Posts

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Animal Cell Model Project

My 13 year old loves science she honestly can't get enough. She has a really tough teacher this year for science. She works really hard, but she never really knows what the teacher is looking for. She's kind of a conundrum. Her teacher is very strict on parents not helping the kids with any school work. I have no problem with this as my daughter is really fine on her own, but it's hard not to help out when I see her struggling.

Now this weekend she was asked to make a model of a cell. They could make any cell they wanted too. My daughter chose an animal cell. The teacher told them to use a paper plate and that just drawing it wouldn't be enough to get a good grade. She wanted creativity. My daughter was very worried about this she wanted to do a great job and impress her teacher. She worked extremely hard on it using clay, paper, pipe cleaners and those styrofoam peanuts. I think she did a great job. It took her such a long time and she really thought about it. She asked for our advice and we gave it, but she did the work. I hope she's rewarded for it. She knows some kids will come in with elaborate models that clearly weren't their own work. It happens all the time. I told her to be proud of what she did and not worry about anyone else. I know the teacher will see the effort she put into it. So fingers crossed her teacher is in a good mood or my evening will be ugly. Did I mention I hate homework on the weekend? I really do. Give them a break already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Loading...
Loading...

Blog Archive