Back to School After Christmas Break

I wanted to slam the alarm clock against the wall this morning. I was so used to sleeping in a little with the break. It was really great to have a break from all the running around and homework. Have I mentioned that I hate homework?

Well the break is over so its back to the routine. The girls were not happy when I went to wake them. The dog was though she wanted me to put her on the bed so she could lick them awake. I obliged as this was a much quicker way of getting them to get out of the bed.

There was grumbling like crazy especially from the 12 year old. I'm not even sure what she was saying. She just kept mumbling. Something about how school was evil. The girls also couldn't stop bickering about everything and nothing. This has been going on for the past few days as we've been stuck inside with a snowstorm that didn't want to go away. I just kept smiling. Soon my husband would come down the stairs and take them off to school. There would be peace.

They left complaining and the funny thing is they came out with smiles. I think they secretly liked going back to be with all their friends. Just don't tell them I told you that. They'll only deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive