Charm Bracelet Memories

I've been thinking about getting my girls charm bracelets for Christmas. I thought it would be a special gift and one that could be added to by others. I spoke to my mother about it and she reminded me that she had one. That brought back such wonderful memories. When I was a little girl I remember sitting on my mothers bed and she let me look through her jewelery box.

I loved her charm bracelet. I always thought it was magical. I used to play with all the charms. She had a little typewriter and a nurse charm and I would pretend the nurse was typing on the typewriter and then I'd have her hop in the convertible charm she had. My favorite charm was the mailbox it really opened and I thought it was so cool. I would write little letters and put them inside the mailbox.

She reminded me that my dad gave her the bracelet and the charms. That made the memories even more special. My dad died when I was 10 of cancer. He was awesome. I still miss him very much. He died so young and it still seems so unfair. My mom was lucky enough to find another awesome guy though. I'm lucky that when I was growing up I had my dad and then my step dad who is just so great to my mom and is always great to me and my girls. They love him to pieces. When grandpa comes in the room their faces always light up. My girls know all about my dad though. I think it's important for them to know they had another grandfather. Seriously how lucky are they to have one watching them from heaven and one here on Earth.

Yesterday my mom surprised me by giving me the charm bracelet. I was so happy. I wore it all day and told my girls all about it and the different charms. They loved it and the favorite one was the mailbox just like me. So thanks mom. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive