Please Mom I Need Quiet.

Okay well this morning started off a little shaky. My oldest daughter was tired and cranky and didn't want to wear the jacket I handed her. She said the arms were too baggy. This is the same jacket she tried on about a month ago and really loved. Anyway she grabbed her sweatshirt instead and said that would be fine. She hopped in the car leaving me to wonder why I bought the jacket and if it would ever get worn.

I picked her up after school along with her sister who can't stop talking. I got the full run down of what happened in third grade today. Then there's the older one who said nothing. More often than not I find this is how she comes out of school. I ask her how her day was and she replied it was fine and then stared out the window. I asked another question and pretty much got no response so I stopped asking. We dropped her sister at her activity and got back in the car to head home. I asked her again about her day and finally I couldn't get her to stop talking. Which I love. I want to hear all about her day and how things are going.

Bottom line is she needs a good 15 to 30 minutes of quiet to recover from school. She loves to tell me about the stuff from school, but only when she's ready. I have come to accept it, but I always wonder if something is wrong. I need to have patience .Patience is something that a mom with tweens must have for so many different reasons. This is just one of them.

Oh by the way she said she was sorry about the jacket and she really did like it and thankfully will wear. I tell you it isn't easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive