What is Harumika?

I'll tell you what it is. It's my 8 year olds favorite new activity. When she first told me she wanted one I had no idea what she was talking about. Finally one day she screamed for me to come to the TV. I came running not knowing what the problem would be. You never know. I've learned early on to come running and ask questions after I've assessed the damage. This time it was only to catch a commercial which was over by the time I reached her. Thankfully we have a DVR so I rewound it. After I scolded her for screaming bloody murder for me to watch a commercial I finally knew what Harumika was.

It's this wonderful way for young girls to design fashions with out having to use sewing machines. The set comes with one or two dress forms and pretty material and trims. I didn't really get how it worked, but then my daughter saved her allowance and off we went to Toysrus. She got the wedding set and couldn't wait to rip open the package. Her new thing is she wants to be a fashion designer. She loves watching Project Runway They come up with some cool stuff on that show. I like watching it as well. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

We got it home and she took out all the pieces. It took just a couple of minutes to figure it out. You take the fabric that comes with it and you wrap it around the dress form. There is a place on the back of the dress form where you tuck in the fabric using the stick that comes with the set. It hold it in place well. Then you dress it up with the trims. She plays with this for hours and not only that her sister who is 12 got in on the action. She loves it to. They set up a little fashion show for us. Seriously a great toy. I really wasn't sure from the commercial. You really never know if these things are going to work until you get them at home, but I'll tell you no worries here. It works.

She took it to school to use at snack and recess and it was a huge hit. All the girls love it and her teacher even comes over to give it a try. This is a great, fun and creative toy for girls and it's very easy to use so if you have an aspiring fashion designer in your home you may want to think about getting it as a Christmas gift. It's so worth the money and you can add your own fabrics and trims so your little fashion designer can come up with new ideas.

Update: Win a FREE Harumika Starter Set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive