What Have You Done for Me Lately?

Well ...

I know it's been awhile, and so I wanted throw up something.

NICE!


Sorry for my sick humor.


Anyhow...

My Mom recently made the long, lonely, exhausting trek from Oregon to hang out with us for awhile. And although we didn't have a whole lot of time to do too many exciting things, we did manage to get in a couple of neat activities.

I'll kick it off with our visit to a place called Homosassa Springs State Park. We have seen it many times as we've driven through the town going towards Crystal River to watch the manatees.

But this time ... we actually paid the entrance fees and went through the park. I am glad we did, because although it was semi-spendy, and not like most state parks we've been to - it had some very cool features.

Anyhow ...

On with the show:

Here's the opening sign, just in case I forget how to spell it. That way you can find it without my help - if you ever need to.





Here are the girls, and my Mom, heading out on the boat trip toward the actual park. It 's kinda neat, you pay to get into the park and you get a boat ride back to the park itself while one of the rangers explains the history of the park and you get to watch for wildlife as you go.







First of all, we stopped by the section where they housed their 6,000 pound hippo - named Lucifer. He was pretty large, and seemed fairly docile except for the last picture in this series ... and I'll spare you the real photos demonstrating the sign.

And if you're wondering ... Yes, I did take pictures of it. How could I not? That's one of the coolest things for any guy!








After the hippo - we wandered over to the bird sanctuary area. There were LOTS and LOTS of different kinds of birds to look at, and take pictures of.








I'll end this visit for now. We'll call this Part One.

Part Two coming soon ...


Al

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blog Archive