Sick and Tired of the Energy Crisis

Hi,

This is going to be a bit of a rant. However, instead of just complaining about the problem, I am actually doing something about it.

It was only about a year ago that I started writing about the rising costs of fuel. At the time, I was asking WHEN people would start feeling it enough to actually do something about it.

I thought we'd be getting to the point, now - at $4 per gallon - where people would really start doing something.

But I'm not seeing a whole lot happening. I guess the things that are happening right now are...
- driving less miles (getting more stops into one trip)
- Apparently no bigger vehicles are selling at lots - but I don't see any less on the roads.

What really seems to be the bigger issue - is safety. Although people don't want to pay the prices, they really don't want to drive around in smaller vehicles.

Yeah, well... then quit complaining about prices.

If you're gonna complain, do something.

As for me - I've started riding my bike again - in 90 degree, pathetically hot heat.

PLUS - we picked up a new vehicle recently, and we'll be doubling our mpg with it - once we get it licensed, and registered, and ready to drive.



The thing that really excites me, though, is what it is causing people to do here in America...

Things like...
- build electric cars
- start designing more fuel efficient vehicles
- relying less on gasoline

The part that has me excited, is that OPEC, and the Saudi's, are realizing this isn't good. It's kinda like looking into the future - and realizing you've got the energy source the world 'USED TO' need, so you were living happy and high on the hog. But then, all-of-the-sudden, your important position starts to drop. Why? Because you've screwed people over so often that they get sick of it, and go around you to get where they were wanting to go anyhow. And eventually you will have dropped your way right out of that spot.

I can't honestly say that we'll ever get there. But, it would sure be sweet to knock them right in their freaking pocket books. BAM!

Could the American people do it? Yes, they can. Will they? Probably not - we're just too short sighted to see how much impact we could really have on them. Imagine what they would do if people didn't buy gas for 7 days? Period! Nothing! They would hurt. No doubt about it.


Al

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog